Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 cups bread- crusts removed and diced
- 1 cup peas- cooked
- 1/2 cup peanuts- roasted and peeled
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp green chillies- finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Fresh coconut- grated
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Heat the oil and add the asafoetida, mustard, curry leaves and the whole red chillies.
- When seeds begin to splutter, add peas, peanuts and haldi and turn around a little.
- Add salt and bread and mix well.
- Add some water and saute till mixed and heated through.
- Shut off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the coconut and the rest of the coriander and lemon wedges, and serve.