Apple Cider Vinegar
To define your natural curls and prevent frizzing, the best remedy is apple cider vinegar. Its acidic nature will help maintain the natural pH level of your hair. This in turn will make your hair less frizzy and give it a great healthy shine. Plus, it will work as a natural hair clarifier and remove product buildup from your hair.
- Mix together equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Shampoo your hair and use this solution as a hair rinse.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Follow this remedy once or twice per month.
Beer helps replenish moisture in your hair. Apart from revitalizing curls, it will also make your hair softer, shinier and more bouncy. For curly hair, it is recommended to use dark and non-alcoholic beer.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and rinse with water.
- Slowly pour beer on your hair, making sure each strand gets coated.
- Let it sit in your hair for about five minutes so that it penetrates the hair shafts.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
- Use this remedy once every two weeks.
3. Hot Oil Massage
A regular hot oil massage is important for curly hair as it is prone to drying. It will add moisture and help avoid fizzing. For this treatment, you can use olive, coconut or almond oil.
- Warm the oil for two to four minutes in the microwave.
- Allow the oil to cool to room temperature or until it is comfortably hot.
- Applky the oil and gently massage your scalp and hair, from root to top.
- Put on a shower cap and then wrap your head in a hot towel.
- Leave it on for one hour and then shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- Repeat at least once a week.
Eggs are another very popular home remedy for curly hair. The high protein and fat content in eggs helps add moisture and restore the health of your hair.
- Whisk one egg and mix in two teaspoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of mayonnaise. Apply it on your hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Then wash your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Alternatively, mix one beaten egg, two tablespoons of olive oil and one-fourth cup of pureed cucumber. Massage this mixture into your hair from scalp to ends, then cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
Use either of these remedies once a week.
Avocado is an effective remedy for curly hair. The moisturizing properties of avocado will leave your curls hydrated, shiny and easier to manage.
- Mix one mashed avocado and two tablespoons of yogurt to make a smooth creamy paste. Apply this paste on your hair and let it sit for about one hour. Then rinse it out and shampoo as usual.
- Alternatively, mash a whole avocado into a paste and mix in a splash of olive oil. You can also add a little coconut milk. After shampooing your hair, apply this homemade mask. Let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour and then rinse thoroughly.
- You can also make a paste of equal amounts of ripe banana and avocado. You can add one-half tablespoon of almond oil too. Massage it into your hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash your hair with your regular shampoo.