This is a simple Indian recipe. Drumstick (chhuin) is a vegetable vastly use in some states of India. This is very healthy and tasty vegetable. It can be cook in different ways. Here is a simple recipe of Drumstick.
- 2 nos Drumsticks
- 1 large potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 Brinjal
- 5 to 6 nos of garlic pods
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 nos red chilli dried
- 2 to 3 tsp mustard oil
salt to taste
- Peel off the outer layer of drumstick (chhuin) and cut it into 2 inch pieces. Cut the potato and brinjal in wedges. Cut the tomato into long strips .
- Soak the mustard seeds for 30 minutes and then grind the mustard seeds along with garlic pods and green chillies into a fine paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 cups water, salt, turmeric and the ground mustard paste and bring to a boil. Add sliced potatoes first as it takes maximum time to cook and simmer.
- Once the potatoes are half cooked ,add the sliced brinjal and drumstick.Keep a watch on the drumstick so as not to overcook the drumsticks . In the last add the tomatoes. Take out from heat and keep aside.
- In another container, heat oil. Add panch phutan, dry red chilli and as soon as the panch phutan stops crackling, add the boiled vegetables and bring to boil. Take out from heat and before serving add the fried Badi and coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot along with steamed rice.